The Shore Fishery Lease Grant was created to enhance income potential and allow for some certainty of access to a site for resident Bristol Bay setnet permit holders by providing eligible participants with financial assistance toward gaining a State of Alaska Shore Fishery Lease.
Residents of the 17 BBEDC communities that meet program requirements may qualify for a one-time BBEDC grant of up to $800(or no more than 75% of the total cost) for a State of Alaska Shore Fishery Lease.
Shore Fishery Lease grant funds may be used for the following provided that the applicant is expected to pay at least 25% of the item (in no case shall BBEDC pay 100%)
- Non-refundable DNR application filing fee
- Cost of a surveyor or draftperson
- Non-refundable DNR diagram review
- Initial/first year rental payment for a first-time Shore Fishery Lease
Eligible residents must demonstrate the following:
- Residency in any of the 17 BBEDC communities
- Ownership of a Bristol Bay set net permit
- Commitments for a market for upcoming year
- Recent participation in set net fishing
- Confirmation of use of the site for which the lease is desired
- Applicant does not have an existing shore fishery lease with the Alaska Department of Natural Resources
- Need for BBEDC assistance
Please see the Shore Fishery Lease Fact Sheet for more information and/or contact Massa Pat or Alice Ruby at 907-842-4370 or 1-800-478-4370.