BBEDC offers resident fishers an opportunity to reinvest in their commercial fishing operations by providing relief from a portion of the interest on fishery related loan payments. In 2020, this program will provide 4% of interest due up to $4,000 annually. The program is offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Participation is limited to one loan per individual
- Applicants must be a BBEDC resident
- Loans must be for a vessel, permit or gear
- Loans must be in good standing
- Applicants must apply prior to making the current payment
- Applicants must allow at least 2 weeks for processing an application
- Payments are made directly to the lending institute
For more information please contact Alice Ruby at 842-4370 or 1-800-478-4370.