To ensure the health and safety of our staff, clients, visitors and community, BBEDC has closed its office to in-person traffic until further notice. Click on the flyer at left for more information. All forms and applications can be found on our website and any questions can be answered by calling 907-842-4370. If you think you will have residency issues or other program eligibility issues related to travel restrictions and COVID-19, please call the BBEDC offices and notify us or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Changes to BBEDC Community Block Grant in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
There is no question that the Coronavirus situation could have huge consequences in our region and BBEDC believes actions taken at the local level can be a way to mitigate some of those impacts. The BBEDC Community Block Grant (CBG) program may be used at this time of emergency as a resource for projects to assist the response to the economic impacts of the Coronavirus situation in our 17 communities. Each community is a little different so your leadership is critical for the local response.
In order to reduce the paperwork burden, BBEDC created a shortened application to be used for projects associated with the economic impacts of the Coronavirus situation. The following are some important items to note:
- On March 27, the BBEDC Executive Committee waived the income requirements for Home Heating Fuel and Electric Assistance (F&E). As always, it is up to each community to decide whether they will offer F&E as a Community Block Grant project. No other requirements were changed.
- On March 27, the Executive Committee increased the amount of funds that each community may request as an CBG advance payment. Under this new direction, communities may request up to $100,000.00 as an advance payment to address pressing needs. The community must have submitted a CBG application and it must have been approved. The community must submit the proper back-up regarding expenditure of the funds before additional advances or payments will be approved.
- 2020 CBG or restructure previous CBG grants. Communities may apply for a new project under the current 2020 program or may restructure previously received grants to address the current emergency.
You can also access the regular (non-emergency apps and related information) here.
Position Open- Receptionist
BBEDC is currently looking for candidates to fill our Receptionist position. The Receptionist is responsible for performing general office procedures on a daily basis, including answering phones, mail collection and delivery, general typing and data entry, faxing, and more. See job description for details. The postion is full-time with benefits and is open until filled. Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and complete BBEDC employment application. Receptionist Job Description BBEDC Employment Application Due to the current COVID-19 circumstances we are not conducting interviews at this time, but continue to accept applications.
If you are planning to continue your education full-time in the coming school year, don't forget to submit your HSST application before July 17, 2020 at 5pm. Applications are available here or in the front entryway of BBEDC. You can scan and email them back or drop off in the entryway. Please call if you need assistance.
BBEDC Employment Opportunities
BBEDC is beginning to approve temporary employment opportunities. The positions will be posted here, please check back often to see additions to our Seasonal, In-Region Internship, and Youth Internship positions.
BBEDC Full-time Position Open
The position of Education, Employment & Training (EET) Director is open at BBEDC. The EET Director is responsible for the overall management of the EET Department including development and implementation of EET programs and all aspects of the Harvey Samuelsen Scholarship Trust. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Contact Chris Napoli at 842-4370 or email@example.com for more information. See the full job description here. Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume along with a fully completed BBEDC employment application.
BBEDC 2020 Tax Preparation Program Open
Time to get ready for April 15th! BBEDC's Tax Preparation Program is here to help you through the process. The program provides up to $150 for professional preparation per tax return. All BBEDC CDQ Community residents are eligible to apply. To apply, return the application, supply residency documentation and submit the relationship disclosure form. Below are some program details, contact BBEDC for more information. 2020 Tax Preparation Application BBEDC Approved Tax Preparers 2020 Tax Tips
- Residents must submit a complete Tax Preparation Application. Spouses filing separately will need to register separately.
- All adults receiving services have on file or submit a current Residency Form.
- Participant submits a Relationship Disclosure Form with the application.
- Tax Preparer is on BBEDC's approved tax preparer list.
- Only 2019 taxes are eligible, preparer will require an approval card.
- Application period is January through mid-April.
The IRS has extended the tax filing deadline to July 15, 2020. BBEDC urges fishers to file your 2019 tax return as soon as you can, do not wait until July 15.
The BBEDC Tax Preparation Program application period will close in April (or when funds are depleted) as originally planned. Residents may register for the program now and delay preparation of tax returns if necessary.
US Census Now!
Did you know that you can participate in the 2020 Census now? You don't have to wait for your card to be dropped off or to come in the mail. You just need your street address or a good description of the place where you live. Take some time to do it now. Go to this website and complete a census form: https://2020census.gov/en.html
BBEDC 2018 Annual Report
The BBEDC 2018 Annual Report is now available. Please take some time to review our activities over the last year and see all of the amazing opportunities available for residents and communities. Enjoy, and please contact us if you are interested in learning more about any of our programs.
Books for Sale- The Canneries, Cabins and Caches of Bristol Bay, Alaska
Looking for a gift to give from the Bristol Bay Region? John Branson's book is a great choice. Filled with pictures and history of the Bristol Bay fisher, it is sure to please. For more information or to purchase your copy, contact BBEDC at 907-842-4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Resale quantity discount available. All proceeds from the sale of the book go to the Harvey Samuelsen Scholarship Trust.